We are facing this as a family. My eldest daughter is still at home with us, and her help has been invaluable. Resumes are no longer a detailed history of your life, but are short reads now to accommodate the quick world that we live in.
We put our thoughts into imagined business terms, and sure enough, out flows what he has tucked away and failed to brag about. He lists the ways he has benefited his company over his many years of work. We are impressed and so is he. This is what he will take with him to move ahead.
The author tells that one must start with a strong sense of self. He defines this as a person with the following characteristics: (I do hope the author will forgive me if my interpretation of his writings are not exactly in line with his. But this is what I understood him to say.)
2) "Continuity of person" from one moment to the next, and year to year, flowing continuously versus interrupted and unpredictable. Weak. I am anything but a continual flow. Our life filled with much that is unpredictable, like serious health issues and other things beyond our control (lightening, tornado etc.). Through it all we continually struggle on and don’t give up. Perhaps we are better than I thought, despite our challenges. Check.
3) "Embodiment or being at home in my own body". Weak, but getting stronger with treatment. Exercise will help this as my treatments effects lessen and my stamina increases. An area to work on. We are all at home however at Little House.
4) "Privacy", as defined as control over my own space. Check. I do try hard to take control of what I can and my organization for the life ahead is my strength. Prayer is no small part of this. My family likewise, though my eldest daughter sometimes operates in such fast lane, that she is behind in care of her own space and yet she has some organization midst the clutter.
5) "Social embedding", meaning attaching to relatives and friends for support. Check. No matter how isolated my illness has made me, I reach out and stay connected, often by phone and internet these days as opposed to in person. My family is good on this count as well.
6) "Free will/ autonomous career". I am autonomous only with the support of my family, but they are there and my independent spirit is fierce. An area to continue to work on. My family is more autonomous than me, fortunately.
7) "Self-awareness". Double check, a strength of mine. My family isn't so bad in this area either.
Thank you, my readers for your prayers, support and encouragement. It is much appreciated!