Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Invitation to an Open House this Sunday, September 1st and Little House’s 2013 Fall and Holiday Schedule

This Sunday Jon Katz and Maria Wulf are having an Open House at their new Bedlam Farm 2.0, at 2502 Rt 22, Cambridge, New York 12816, from 12- 4 p.m. (Use google or map quest to locate--easy to find!). Meeting and greeting the famous animals of Jon’s books, including Red, the special herding and therapy dog, who will demonstrate his herding skills with the Bedlam Farm sheep; readings by local writers; as well as meeting Jon Katz in person who will be happy to sign his books and speak about his writings, are but some of the fun activities planned for this special event. Featured in Maria's Schoolhouse Studio Gallery will be the work of some of the Common Thread Artists as well as other local artists. Everyone is welcome! Please visit Maria’s website for more information regarding places to stay and visit if you are coming from out of town and are planning to make a holiday weekend trip.  (http://www.fullmoonfiberart.com/)


Ideas of new creations come faster than my fingers can sew, and so I find myself in need to crush to be ready. This will be my modus operandi from now until the end of the year. I will be posting many new handmade items for your holiday gift-giving in my Etsy shop after this show, and before my next shows in November and December. As I had announced before, I want my readers to have a chance to purchase them before my holiday shows.
 
In addition to these new craft items, I hope my readers will enjoy a bit of a departure from my usual sorts of blogs. I have decided to write about my personal story, Living with Chronic Lyme Disease.  While it is about my own struggle, I know that I am not alone in this sort of life journey and hope it will perhaps be a support to you, your family, or friends who might be struggling to cope with this or other chronic health issues. Lyme has been my constant companion for over forty years. It has been my nemesis and creative challenge as I continue to find new ways to adapt and work with and around it.

Little House has grown out of my needs to continue to live a full and creative life, despite my physical limitations.  I hope my story will inspire others. Disability is really about discovering yet other abilities and moving forward, albeit while occasionally taking a step or two back. I look forward to hearing from my readers regarding this series.  Please know that my usual home arts-sorts of blogs will continue and be interspersed between this new seventeen-part series. I don't think I will ever run out of home arts-related items to write about as those who sew and create know, it is this life-long passion that keeps us happy and ever so busy!

Little House's Fall and Holiday Craft Show Schedule: (See you there!)
(limited this year to make more time to create and post wares on line)

Nov 16 -- Vermont Farmer’s Market Fall Holiday Fair       9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
                 Holiday Inn, Rt 7 South, Rutland, Vermont

Nov 29-30 –Vermont Farmer’s Market Christmas Fair     10 a.m.- 4 p.m.
                    Poultney High School, Poultney, Vermont

Dec 14- Vermont Farmer’s Market Christmas Holiday Fair   9 a.m.- 4 p.m.
               Holiday Inn, Rt 7 South, Rutland, Vermont